Pages

Tuesday 18 August 2020

The Great Fish Of Maui

Walt: Make connections across a range of texts


This slideshow is based on the Legend of "Maui and the great fish" when I first heard, I think I was a year 2, anyways when I first heard the story, I found it very interesting, during the years I ended up forgetting about the story, and I when I heard it this year, I was like..."Wait I've heard this before" and the more I recognized it the more I was interested.
BTW *By the Way* go check out my literacy classes blog posts:)

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Norah-Jade,

    Well done for making the connection with this story and recognising it as one you heard when you were little. This is such an important story for all of us north islanders to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Norah-Jade,
    You are becoming an expert at breaking up a text into word groups. You have also chosen some standout WORTHY WORDS including 'trembled' and 'resentful' - try them out in your next piece of writing!. Looking forward to hearing your recording of the excerpt from THE GREAT FISH OF MAUI. For your CREATE Task, will you do a review or a narration?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon Norah-Jane
    You post made for delightful reading on a wet afternoon during lockdown.
    I too found the words you chose worthy of note.
    'Resentful' comes to mind when it is lovely and sunny outside and we just want to be free from lockdown and get outdoors with whanau! Do you feel that way?
    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete